Monday, January 28, 2008

I'm back from Couchville

Hi Friends!
I've been laid up on the couch for 2 days with a pinched nerve in my back - sooooo NOT fun. Went to a chiropractor today and he really helped. I just wish these stoner pills the first doctor gave me would wear off - I feel like I'm in la-la land and cannot be responsible for anything I say in this post - LOL!

Obviously, being on the couch, I didn't do any creating of any kind, but I did have lots of time to be by myself and think and here's what I came up with for thoughts to ponder given my recent back trouble:

1) Never pass up an opportunity to shave your legs - you never know when your back might go out and you gotta show your legs during xrays - yep, my chiro did not think that 2 inch long winter growth was at all appealing. eeeewwwwww.

2) Never be lazy and say "Oh, I'll just take a shower later tonight" cuz then when your back goes out, someone will have to get close enough to you to take your temp, or your blood pressure and I'm pretty certain they will smell your 2 day old nasty hair.

3) Do not EVER agree to anything if you are on muscle relaxers. You may wake up sober the next morning only to find that you've just signed up to chaperone 150 first graders on their next field trip. Phew! Lucky for me I only sleep when on muscle relaxers - I'd rather poke myself in the eye with my paper piercer than chaperone 150 six year olds.

4) And lastly, be happy for your health today - you really don't appreciate it until it's gone.

And how was your day?
J

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHAH!!I LOVE your blog, you make me laugh! I know what you mean about all your things you pondered, I have a bad back and can totally agree with you!!Hope your feeling back to normal real soon!!

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I am totally committed to enjoying this life I've been blessed with. I'm a Mom of 3 amazing kids, and I've been married 12 years to the love of my life. Scrapbooking is how I express myself and how I fulfill that artistic calling that won't leave me alone at all hours of the day. I am a designer for a Michigan scrapbook store called Little Scrapbox and I love what I do!! I'm so lucky! Thanks for visiting my blog! Nice to meet you!