Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Just another day in paradise...

Day 3 home from work - day 2 of Joshua and his stomach flu. I was able to work at home today and managed to rock out 6 layout kits in 24 hours! We're having a giant crop at work on Saturday and Bonnie and I are trying desperately to restock our kit wall with new designs. Go Team Scrapbox!

Did you ever see that movie Groundhog's Day? I feel like I'm living that movie. The same day over and over and over... not much changes except the scenery. I would love a little vacation with Tony. Love those kiddos, but Mama needs a break! I fear asking Tony for a weekend getaway in this season (even though our 11 year anniversary is only 2 weeks away) because he would want to take me up north snowmobiling. Ummmmmmm, let me think,... no. Why a man would want to go out in 20 below zero weather and drive in the open wind at 90 miles an hour is beyond me. Must be a guy thing. I do own my own snowmobile and it's all fancy and fast, but I just like to putz around on it and find myself screaming in terror when I hit 20 on the speedometer. So picture me all "AAHHHHHHHHHHH!" Screech of brakes. Thumb on throttle, "AAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Screech of brakes. Thumb on throttle - and repeat several more times until I finally call it a day and retire to the hot tub in the hotel. Yep, I'm a real bad ass. Can I swear on here? Sorry if I offend, but it totally fits this story.

Back to vacation getaways - I'm thinking maybe Soaring Eagle in Mt. Pleasant for our anniversary. But then I think, nah, I might as well just walk into the resort, hand them my $500 gambling money and say thanks and drive back home cuz ya know I'm gonna lose it all in the slots. *sigh* I don't know - maybe we'll just stay in for the weekend.

Time to put dinner in the oven - another meal I won't eat - am I the only one who hates her own cooking? My mom could make the same dish and I'd be all "YUM! This is the best meal I've ever had!" Weird I know.

And here's your thought to ponder for the day: If you think your marriage should be your spouse putting in 50% and you putting in 50%, you'll be disappointed. Put in 100% and watch it reciprocate back to you. Now that's good lovin'!!

How was your day?

J

No comments:

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I am totally committed to enjoying this life I've been blessed with. I'm a Mom of 3 amazing kids, and I've been married 12 years to the love of my life. Scrapbooking is how I express myself and how I fulfill that artistic calling that won't leave me alone at all hours of the day. I am a designer for a Michigan scrapbook store called Little Scrapbox and I love what I do!! I'm so lucky! Thanks for visiting my blog! Nice to meet you!