Thursday, March 13, 2008

Mirror, Mirror on the wall...


I start my post with this title because today I was talking to one of my regular customers at the store who shared with me pictures of her beautiful family. Her daughter, is absolutely breathtaking at a young age of 14 and everytime we would pass a picture of her with her daughter she would say "Oh, look at me the big fatso" or "Look at how giant I am, gosh!" The funny thing is that I never really noticed she was overweight (aren't we all???) until she said something and drew such attention to it. I always saw her as this beautiful woman with impeccable style - always put together so well, right down to her great taste in jewelry. She always smells so nice and when I found out she was approaching 50, I seriously gasped. My message is this: we all have insecurites about ourselves - heck, we wouldn't be women if we didn't right? The secret is to NEVER let anyone in on them. Walk with your head held high even if your mood makes you feel like slumping - Lie to everyone about how wonderful your life is even if right now it totally sucks. When YOU start to believe it, everyone else will. And anyways, true honest friends will see the beauty in you no matter what you may see. They will love you for who you are and that my friends, is BEAUTIFUL! Here's another little trick - every morning get up and get dressed and put on your makeup. Even if you're just toting junior to the grocery store, dress the way that makes you feel pretty. Throw those old frumpy T-shirts that you stole from your hubby in the garbage and instead put on that cute little cableknit sweater with your jeans. When you look good, you feel good and don't we all deserve at least that?

Hugs!
J

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG you are so right!!If you have a positive attitude you will have a positive Day!!!You always make me think when I visit your blog!!Thanks for that!!LOL
Oh great page too!

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I am totally committed to enjoying this life I've been blessed with. I'm a Mom of 3 amazing kids, and I've been married 12 years to the love of my life. Scrapbooking is how I express myself and how I fulfill that artistic calling that won't leave me alone at all hours of the day. I am a designer for a Michigan scrapbook store called Little Scrapbox and I love what I do!! I'm so lucky! Thanks for visiting my blog! Nice to meet you!