Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Patience is a virtue...



Here's a Stella card I did for a class not too long ago. I know, I'm really reaching into the archives again. I swear, tomorrow, I will not be lazy and will take photos of all my latest layouts. Well, after Will & Grace and a big ole cup-a-joe that is!!

In unrelated news, I find it my duty to inform you all that I seem to be having a bad hair month. Out of sheer craziness last month, I decided to chop 3-4 inches off the crown of my head of hair (BY MYSELF) - in my mind before I did it, it looked fabulous. Now that I'm stuck trying to style a toupe of hair on top of a lions mane, I'm a little confused as to how I can pull it off. *sigh* I guess I'll just throw in the towel and go have my hairdresser make some sense out of it. It's always so embarassing admitting that you were too cheap to get a haircut. Actually, in my case it's not that I'm too cheap but rather impatient. When I want something done, or I want to purchase something, or I have a particular food craving, I indulge right away no matter what cost to me (case in point with my toupe on a lions mane). I absolutely HATE sitting still for a haircut, nails, doctors visit... I'm wondering at what point of my life I lost all patience. Seriously, it's crazy. Sometimes I have to fight the urge to reach under the bank teller window and poke her eyes out because I watched from my place in line (which was 13th) while she decided to organize her pens and stamps and count her stupid singles while one teller handled it all. Don't even get me started about Speedway gas station. For some reason, there are 5 employees working all within the same 5 feet but only one is ALLOWED to ring on the cash register??? Yeah, I'm not buying that. Have you SEEN the lines at Speedway????? One day, I guarantee, you'll read in the papers about a grown woman that laid on the floor of a Speedway and flung herself about in shrieks of tantrum... then you'll know that again, I was a victim of my impatience.

Oh well, tomorrow's another day to practice being more gracious in line. I think I'll purposely buy myself a coffee at Speedway and begin my training program. LOL!

J
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so funny, girl! You should have asked me I would have helped you with your hair! I am a stylist!LOL Love the card by the way!Hugs!

Unknown said...

Check out my blog on Sat! I have an award waiting for you!

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I am totally committed to enjoying this life I've been blessed with. I'm a Mom of 3 amazing kids, and I've been married 12 years to the love of my life. Scrapbooking is how I express myself and how I fulfill that artistic calling that won't leave me alone at all hours of the day. I am a designer for a Michigan scrapbook store called Little Scrapbox and I love what I do!! I'm so lucky! Thanks for visiting my blog! Nice to meet you!