Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Have Faith

I decided to start today's blog entry with my thought to ponder so that I could do some out loud thinking about it.

Today's thought: Have faith and believe that you are exactly where God intends you to be right at this moment.

This is a thought that I struggle with daily. If you are like me, you are constantly rushing around day to day in search of a final destination. This brings to mind another quote "Life is a journey, not a destination". So often we all get caught up in where we need to be going in our life that we forget to stop and enjoy the moments... the little daily events that mold our entire lives. I am always in a hurry to get absolutely nowhere. I spend my free "me" days overwhelmed with anxiety about all of the things on my "to do" list. So much so, that I end up doing absolutely nothing. I feel like I'm trying to find my niche - my higher calling - my career - my sense of self peace - my self affirmation that I'm doing just fine as a wife and mother. All of these things and more tend to haunt me on a daily basis.

That's where today's thought comes into play. "Have faith and BELIEVE that you are exactly where God intends you to be right at this moment." Maybe if I just slow myself down (GASP!) and live each moment, knowing that if I miss something on my "to do" list, that it really will be ok, maybe if I just stop chasing the dollar for a second, then my true happiness will be there staring me in the face.

I often make fun of the stereotypical PTA Mom, running around from classroom to classroom donning her latest embroidered holiday sweater - but in all honesty, I envy her. She knows that she is doing what she does for her kiddos - she knows that she gets nothing in return except for life long bonds and love. She is the one who actually scrapbooks with pictures on her page - unlike me who simply scrapbooks for the artistic outlet. Sure, she's probably one sugar frosted homemade cookie away from a meltdown, but you never see it. She appears content in her role and accepts that this is where she is supposed to be.

So today my friends, scrapbookers, moms, wives, women ~ join me for just 24 hours of believing that you are important, and you're doing a great job at whatever it is you're doing today. You are a success and there is no need to rush to get to whatever awaits you in the days to come - it will get here on it's own anyway. For just today, we will breathe slowly, stop to memorize the small wonders of the minutes passing and KNOW we are exactly where we are meant to be.

J

3 comments:

Lynn Put said...

Jeni,
You are such a wonderful writer and what you've written here really hits home!
Thanks

Unknown said...

I agree with Lynn, you are a great writer. You should write a book, I would buy it!
I also think like you and feel like "Where am I supposed to be?"
"What am I supposed to be doing?"
And as Moms we dont feel appreciated or worthy! But your little pep talk helped me realize we have to make ourselves feel good about ourselves before anyone else will!!!!Thanks

Preppy Mommy said...

YEAH! Jeni Barg...you should so write a book, I would definitely buy it, too!!

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I am totally committed to enjoying this life I've been blessed with. I'm a Mom of 3 amazing kids, and I've been married 12 years to the love of my life. Scrapbooking is how I express myself and how I fulfill that artistic calling that won't leave me alone at all hours of the day. I am a designer for a Michigan scrapbook store called Little Scrapbox and I love what I do!! I'm so lucky! Thanks for visiting my blog! Nice to meet you!