Sunday, February 10, 2008

Patience young grasshoppa...


Before I begin my daily ramblings, here's a picture of a clipboard I did for the store. I was really pleased with the final design. Tony (DH) said, "you should have done the title in a darker color" but what I heard come out of his mouth was "blabbity blab blab I don't know anything about scrapbooking blabbity blab" I really like the monotone white on white look. I always said if I had a big wedding (which I didn't and now never will) I'd have my bridesmaids wear off white, of course I'd be wearing white, and they would carry boquets of wild flowers in the most brilliant of colors. Anyway - to get back on topic - this is my beautiful daughter Kalea (the one on the right) and my gorgeous niece, Erin when they stood up in my SIL's wedding a couple years ago. Ok, there's your scrappin' fix for today -

I was sitting in church today and found myself severely distracted by the mom with 4 kids in front of me. Her kids were talking and singing out loud, laughing and carrying on and the Mom was just at her wits end. At first, I was extremely annoyed because I'm TRYING to get something out of today's mass that I can carry with me through my week and I can't hear a stinkin' thing. As I'm watching her littlest one, I realize that he's actually quite hysterical and acting his true age - probably 2 and I am instantly catapulted back to when my kiddos were little and the stress I carried just trying to exist when raising 3 little ones. Immediately, I bowed my head and prayed for God to give her strength today. I prayed that for just today, let this woman be happy and stress free - Please God, give her a good day today. When I raised my head from prayer, I felt a tear trickle down my face. Quickly, I swept it away so I didn't appear crazy. I FELT crazy - why was I crying??!! Because my friends, I could feel my own need for prayers in days gone by. I remember what it was like to be in her shoes. My point and my thought to ponder today: Have patience and understanding for others. Before you go getting all angry at someone who's kids appear to be out to ruin your day, think of that Mom trying to hold it together and if you are brave enough and can muster the strength to speak to her without crying like a nutjob, tell her she's doing a wonderful job. You've been there too.

Lastly, let me add that the one thing I was able to tune into during mass, during the homily was when the priest said this "Have patience with YOURSELF, for it is only then that you can begin to have patience for others." WOW. If that wasn't God talking right to me!

Have a fabulous day everyone! And keep warm! It's freezing out there today!
J

No comments:

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I am totally committed to enjoying this life I've been blessed with. I'm a Mom of 3 amazing kids, and I've been married 12 years to the love of my life. Scrapbooking is how I express myself and how I fulfill that artistic calling that won't leave me alone at all hours of the day. I am a designer for a Michigan scrapbook store called Little Scrapbox and I love what I do!! I'm so lucky! Thanks for visiting my blog! Nice to meet you!