Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Another warm summer day...

Here I am at the computer doing my morning ritual. Wake up, make coffee, surf net and update blog while enjoying said coffee...ahhhhh, heaven. Taking that last bittersweet sip of coffee, I realize it's time to actually start the day. I fear the days - another mega long stretch of time until Tony gets home - *sigh*

Today I actually have a piece of a plan - Kalea was looking through the new American Girl Doll catalog and saw this cute little bed she had to have for her doll but it's like $80!!!! That's right friends - EIGHTY DOLLARS!! For a bed that fits A DOLL. So I'm crafty right? I can make that for sure. And just like that, there's a piece of the day taken care of, plus, it gives me and Kalea some time to do something together because we never do. She's always got her nose in a book or her laptop.

On the scrapbook front, here's a layout from 2 weeks ago (excuse my messy floor beneath the layout)- I held on to this paper for so long because I couldn't find the right pics but I think this works - totally not what I had in mind for the paper but different and crazy. I like that. That's why I love scrapbooking. You can take funk and mix it with classical or floral and mix it with paisley and it's all good. It's just paper after all.



Your thought to ponder today: Where do I want to be 6 months from now? What do I want to be doing? And then formulate your plan and do it! I know for some of you, your plan still includes raising the little ones (how awesome are YOU?!!) but maybe you could tweak the question a bit to be "Where do I want to be creatively in 6 months?" I know a couple stay at home moms that could be teaching classes - making big money for little time. Think about it. Are you up for change? Are you content with the way things are now? Me? I'm in the mood for a major overhaul. I don't know what it is, but it's coming - I feel it. I've felt it for awhile now but the lazy girl in me is fighting the ambitious girl in me. I think as women (who generally operate from the heart) it is very hard to take the reigns on our own life. It's so easy to point out what others need to do to help themselves but so hard to take our own advice. Shoot, if I took my own advice I'm sure I'd be a millionaire right now. So, I recently bought myself this bracelet which I wear quite often that says "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change". I am reminded all day long to stop fighting certain things and just go with the flow 'cuz that's the way it is. Know what I mean? Self growth is a huge deal for me. I just kinda feel stalled on the side of the road right now. But soon enough, someone's gonna pull over and give me a jump start and off I go. So for all you ladies traveling my road, if you see me... pull over and give me a hand!

Have a fun day today!
J

No comments:

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I am totally committed to enjoying this life I've been blessed with. I'm a Mom of 3 amazing kids, and I've been married 12 years to the love of my life. Scrapbooking is how I express myself and how I fulfill that artistic calling that won't leave me alone at all hours of the day. I am a designer for a Michigan scrapbook store called Little Scrapbox and I love what I do!! I'm so lucky! Thanks for visiting my blog! Nice to meet you!