Sunday, July 13, 2008

Going back to the 80's or 90's...

Yesterday, I spent most of the night filling up my iPod with tons of songs from yesterday (and by that, I mean the 80's and 90's) and it made me so sad. Well, sad in a good way. I was instantly catapulted back to times that were more carefree - when everything revolved around what dance club I would be going to that night. Times of no responsibility, fast expensive cars, and ironically, dreams of the future. Here I am in the future - all grounded in suburbia with the role model husband, 3 great children and some family pets. At one time I could say the minivan was in the driveway, but I've come to learn that one can only play the role so far. I replaced my minivan with a Dodge Ram and a Dodge Charger - I must have one outlet (or two) for feeling cool and young again! So I guess what I'm getting at is that if you really stop and think - we are living in the past right now, meaning, one day we will look back upon today and wish we could return. We will instantly remember how young we were, how times were simpler (if you can believe that) and how gas was only $4.16 a gallon!! Ahhh yes, the good ole days - so shouldn't we pause today and give thanks for our youth, the simplicity of life, and our low cost of living??!!! Think about it.

On to scrapbooking - here's a layout I completed at Archiver's the other night. I just love this animal print paper from Reminisce. The pics on the layout are from when Kalea was in preschool - she will be in 5th grade this fall - Am I way behind or what???!!
Photobucket

Supplies: Cardstock (Bazzill) Patterned Paper (Reminisce) All animal embellies (Paper Bliss) Title (Carm's Creations) Brads (can't recall) Flowers (Prima) Leaves (Hand cut and embossed in Cuttlebug)
J
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments:

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I am totally committed to enjoying this life I've been blessed with. I'm a Mom of 3 amazing kids, and I've been married 12 years to the love of my life. Scrapbooking is how I express myself and how I fulfill that artistic calling that won't leave me alone at all hours of the day. I am a designer for a Michigan scrapbook store called Little Scrapbox and I love what I do!! I'm so lucky! Thanks for visiting my blog! Nice to meet you!