Thursday, July 10, 2008

Teenagers, so confusing, so AMAZING!!


My oldest will be 14 next week. That's him in the layout above. I must say that the teen years brought about lots of things I wasn't ready for. Changing voices, shaving, "the talk"... Perhaps what took me by surprise the most was how independent he wanted to be - how he pulled away from me and titled me "uncool". I give him his space but I don't like it. I'd rather be plopped on his bed listening to all the details of what's going on inside his handsome little head. Though he fights to find himself and the man he is on his way to becoming, I still catch glimpses of the little boy he's leaving behind. Some days, when his guard is down, I find him willingly entertaining me and making me laugh so hard I could just explode. When his little cousins are around, you will find the kid in him too. He is amazing with little kids. They are drawn to him and his beautiful soul. I made this layout against his wishes (Tim: "You must throw away all pictures of me" Mom: "Yeah, OK")to show the world what I see when he puts aside the world of teenage mayhem and comes back down to earth where the rest of us live. Man, I love this kid!

J

No comments:

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I am totally committed to enjoying this life I've been blessed with. I'm a Mom of 3 amazing kids, and I've been married 12 years to the love of my life. Scrapbooking is how I express myself and how I fulfill that artistic calling that won't leave me alone at all hours of the day. I am a designer for a Michigan scrapbook store called Little Scrapbox and I love what I do!! I'm so lucky! Thanks for visiting my blog! Nice to meet you!